Translate

Tuesday 22 August 2017

Riverling

If love was a river, the bed was dry.
Optimistic, I built a dam - gotta play it cool,
right?

When I looked into your eyes and saw you
a small trickle of water appeared, a puddle,
really.

I got my feet wet and paddled, then waded
the river was up to my thighs and I panicked,
truly.

On the otherside of the dam, the banks were dry
there was no way I could drown over here,
phew.

Water sprayed through a small hole in the dam
it shot out, but was easy enough to plug, until
another.

and then it burst through, "I love you"
"I love you too", you snapped back,
instantly.

I saw you meant it in your eyes
the dam was gone and the river flowed,
fast.



River Love - Angus Stone


Heading north to San Francisco
Wild horses in my head
See you looking out the window
She'll bring roses when I'm dead
Do I love her for the beauty?
Do I love her, she makes me smile?
Do I love her cuz it's my duty?
But we'll never feel alone