Translate

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Fight or Flight


You need time to think on it
and I know that I’ve made a mistake
if love is ending this way
when it was supposed to be great but
it just takes and it takes and it takes
and it takes
there’s not much left anyway
so I lie awake and I break and I ache
and I ache.

There’s a timer counting down
I should make an escape
if love keeps ending this way
when it was supposed to be great but
it just ticks and it ticks and it ticks
and it ticks
there’s not much time anyway
so I run late from the hate and I wait
and I wait.

If there’s a chance I could turn round
as if running was my only mistake
if love keeps ending this way
when it was supposed to be great and
we just talk and we talk and we talk
and we talk
there’s not much left to say
so we lie awake and we break ‘cos we made
a mistake.