Translate

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Summer Blues

Woo~

like rain in the summer in the city
mascara running fast
but the girl lookin' pretty

the streets are alive in the dark of the night
the girl's actin' tough like
she'll give you a fight

take her by the waist and whistle a taxi
let's take a backseat down a backstreet
dry your eyes, dear, they're nothing but waxy

~ooh

breaking down on the side of the road
suddenly I feel miles from home
and you laugh at me as I start to stutter

uh-uh, excuse me sir,
what's the smoke coming from
the front of your car?

the radio plays and the engine buckles;
an hour ago, you were hating and raging,
now I can't hear the guy as you chuckle

woosh!

there's a spark and a light in your eyes
a flush in your cheeks
and your hand's on my thigh

I'd push this motor mile after mile
sell my soul to have you home in a flash,
crack open a bottle and a button and a smile

like the sun on your cheeks and the shine in your specs
drinking and spinning, getting closer, then next
to and fro and throw down to have seeee~

~tish,

but we stroll down the lane in the pouring rain
we're tight under dark clouds.
Another cab? Let's grab a train.