Translate

Friday 6 July 2012

'Hero-to-be' by Aron Woolnough

I've heard a message from the grave,
that I need to step up and save
'cos danger will rave tonight.
So linger at the light switch,
like a bride-to-be before her hitch,
and don't trust the unknown dark.

Stop and wait around for me,
the pant-wearing Hero-to-be,
mutter me and you will see
a Ginger superhero wannabe
you'll think that I'm a slut or,
crazy utter super-nutter,
for showing off my underwear,
but you don't have to stop and stare,
just point me to the danger – don't even glare

At first I may mess up a little,
be patient as confidence is brittle,
so think before nasty things you say
'cos chances are you'll need me one day
and you can rely on me, whether it is a:

cat stuck up a tree,
gang attacking thee,
or someone bothering me,
time to reveal the Hero-to-be!

Like I said before about the gravy-wavy message plea
something is coming and it will want to mess with me
now cats, gangs and annoyances I can handle,
but I've never been burning both ends of the candle,
So I am starting to worry!

The danger has no mercy you see,
won't accept an apology from me,
after interrupting it's chaotic glee,
from defeating all those minions
I'm not favoured by evil opinions
and torturing the human resources;
so I listen to my well-trusted sources,
that I need to turn and fight.

Now the critter-crushing, shadow-casting
foe I face is wielding an almighty mace,
swinging-crushing my shadows as I dash,
my smile wasn't lasting as he was fasting
and I began to sweat.

Bet my heart skipped a beat
his mace landed by my feet
I really don't want to meet,
my maker tonight...

Evil grabbed this battle by the balls,
pulled 'em, crushed 'em in it's palm
luckily mine weren't at any harm,
so it swung it's mace and swoosh!
The whoosh rocketed inches from me,
I stood my ground and soon evil with see,
that I'm no longer a Hero-to-be!

A jump from the ground,
pirouette to a pound,
it's body fell without a sound
made quite the victory mound,
for now when you mutter,
you won't get an utter nutter,
you'll see, a Hero – that's me!