Translate

Sunday 8 July 2012

'Hero-to-be three!' by Aron Woolnough

You ran at me with a yelp
got on your knees for my help
eyes locked on a crying whelp
and your tears stained my cape.

My empathy grants a wish
a hand to help up the miss
my foe appeared with a hiss
and his intentions rape!

his eye was twitching, pumped arms
he was gripping, a cold bar, that he's swinging
time to get this fight on, shall we?

"Hey! I will save you"
I heard beside me
some guy in leather...
... a hero-to-be?

He dashed to the right
with the lady
while I just stood there,
not heroic of me.

Pow! Hit the cold bar
I fell by a tree
but from the branches
a guy covers me!

And with his fancy toys
tries to save me
some guy in leather...
... a hero-to-be?

He threw the foe at the wall
following in to the fool
victory and stood tall
and won his Juliet

I gasp and blinking, I kneel
is this dream or this real?
I don't know how to feel
so I pirouette

My eyes were blinking, heart sunk, reality slipping,
replaced? Powers draining,
I run over to address thee:

"Hey! You just saved her
you aren't a wannabe.
You know what that means?
We have a trilogy!

Hey! You just kicked ass
and you saved me;
some guy in leather:
Hero-to-be three!"