Translate

Saturday 21 November 2015

Blue Eyes Green


Black. White. Eyes open and the light is bright.
Your eyes are closed, but they are all I can see.
Open them, let me gaze upon your dilated sight,
regard upon my scope, you may examine me,
let me witness you behold me in your ogling.
Identify and descry any distinction in our focusing.

Detect the lust in my eye. Open your eyes and let ‘em
advertise the chastity from your optic in my vision.
Uncover the gluttony of my gaze. Look upon them,
and permit me sight of your temperance for revision.
Stare into the wrath of my peeper. Use your ocular
enlightenment to praise forgiveness Mary mother

of Jesus. Of Muhammad. Of God. Of Allah. Eight.
Four pairs. Brown pupils, blue eyes, green eyeball.
Some variation between colour, but all hate.
Oh, wait. No – not hate: love. Love. Above all,
love each other deeply, because love covers over
a multitude of sins. It is not the eyes that are blind,
but the hearts.